The Real Reel Impact is a program developed by DOCA as a follow-up to its inaugural Impact Lab 2022. The program’s primary goal is to raise much-needed awareness about Impact Production within the continent’s larger documentary filmmaking community. It also attempts to educate producers and filmmakers on the possibilities of their work (films) as a tool and catalyst for social influence. Ultimately, providing them with the resources and expertise required to conduct successful impact campaigns
- Field-Building & Outreach
- Identifying existing African Film Case studies for Impact Campaign training.
- Building a community of practice for Impact Producers across the continent.
- Facilitating one Impact Lab per pilot region in Eastern, Central and Western African regions.
- Translating the Impact Field Guide to one of the most predominant Sub-Saharan Languages – Swahili.
- Start-Up Impact Grants will be awarded following intensive training coupled with adequate tools to implement their respective Impact Campaign Strategies.
- Increased awareness of the nature and importance of Impact Production within the African continent.
- Improved capacity of film teams to design and implement successful impact campaigns within their respective regions and beyond.
- Broaden the pool of Impact Production funding to adequately and sustainably financially support the narrative-shift work of African documentary films.